Help Keep Order in the Stacks
Ask at the Circulation Desk or call 421-0800.
Be responsible for one small section of the print collection. Keep it neat and orderly with just
four visits a month.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 scheduled hours one day a week. A schedule will be arranged to meet the
volunteer and the Library.
- Reports to the Head of Circulation
- Keeping books in order by the Dewey Decimal System and/or alphabetically on designated shelves.
- Keeping shelves neat by aligning books with edge of shelf whenever possible and shifting
books when necessary to make them evenly distributed on designated shelves.
- Answering directional questions (only) when
asked by patrons.
- Willingness to spend 1 to 2 hours one day a week on a consistent basis.
- Physical stamina: stooping, stretching, standing and use of foot stool required.
- Ability to read top and bottom shelves.
- Ability to work in a crowded and busy environment.
- Ability to learn and work with the Dewey Decimal System and ability to use alphabetical
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, with attention to detail.
- Be service oriented and have a desire to actively support
through voluntary service.
- A one-to-one orientation will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator at the time of placement.
- On the job training as needed.