EMPL is happy to introduce a new eBook collection, Axis 360. Axis 360 works with Blio eBook reading software that you download to your computer or tablet. Blio is the first reader app to be 100% compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Axis 360 titles will currently run on any Windows PC and on iOS and Android mobile devices. When you check out a title on your account, it can be moved to multiple devices which support Blio, such as an iphone in addition to an ipad. Axis 360 is available for Nook, Kobo, Sony readers, and the vendor is negotiating with Amazon for Kindle compatibility.
- Follow the link to Axis 360: http://empl.axis360.baker-taylor.com
- Log in with your library card number and PIN. If you are a new user, you create your PIN (4-digit number) the first time you log in. You will also be prompted to choose a user name and enter your email address.
- If you do not already have Blio, click on "Get the Reader". Blio is available for Windows, iPad & iPhone, and Android. The first time you open Blio, you will need to create a Blio account with an email address and password. Click here for Blio FAQs.
- Back at the Axis 360 site, you can see featured items on the "Magic Wall", browse by subject area, or search for specific titles. When you check out an eBook, it will download to your computer or device and be available for viewing in your Blio Reader.
- Enjoy your eBooks. If you have any questions, please ask a librarian.