Eastern Monroe Public Library
Information about User IDs, PIN Numbers, Placing Holds, Renewing Books, and Viewing Your
Library Account Online
• Your user ID is the 14-digit number on the barcode on the back of your library card. Only library cards from the Eastern Monroe Public Library can be used in our system. Your PIN number is the last four digits of this number.
To place materials on hold:
*Note : Electronic holds can only be placed on items that are checked out of the library. If you would like to have an item that is currently available held for you,
call (570) 421-0800 ext. 39 for assistance.
To place a hold on a book that is currently checked out:1) Go to the main page of the library's online catalog.
2) Look for the button that says "Login to e-Library OPAC" at the lower right part of the page.
3) Type in your user ID and PIN in the boxes provided. Your user ID is the 14-digit number from the barcode on the back of your library card. Do not enter spaces. Your PIN is the last four digits of your user ID.
4) Search for the book that you would like to place on hold.
5) Click on the "details" button.
6) On the left under the "keep" button, click the "place hold" link.
To renew books or view the list of materials you have checked out:
1) Go to the main page of the library's online catalog.
2) Click on "My Account" on the tool bar. The 14-digit barcode number from the back of your library card is your User ID. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your barcode number. Enter these numbers in the boxes. Do not enter spaces.
3) Select "Review My Account" to view your holds and see what materials you have checked out. You can click on the "Renew My Materials" button to renew the items. Note: This feature cannot be used with overdue items.
last updated August 4, 2009